Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tie a Yellow Ribbon Around The *Jewelry* Tree...

Living in Switzerland has definitely taught me one important lesson: I have too much stuff (or I should consider living as a minimalist)! In my home in the US, I have a large-enough bedroom with plenty of space and places to store my jewelry and hair accessories. Here, jewelry boxes seem big and cumbersome when considering the scale of my current bedroom and accompanying furniture. The compromise? Form and function! After taking a forest walk, the Pups brought home a yummy piece of wood to nibble & following suit, I brought home a bough on which to hang my pretties...


The tree takes up very little surface space, but more than compensates by giving vertical height and a little visual appeal.


The base is merely a glass jar filled with sand to anchor the branch and some stones to provide weight and stability. Did you notice my gray hair, lovingly taped to the mirror? In some quirky way, I'm really quite cool with it and am looking forward to seeing how they grow in! (I'm secretly hoping for one of those chic gray streaks as opposed the salt & pepper variety, but I suppose I won't have much say about it in the end...) But I digress.



Could you say goodbye to your jewelry box for good? Not that every girl doesn't remember her first. Mine was white with a picture of a girl in a lacy, frilly dress sitting in a meadow. Inside was a ballerina that spun and danced to "twinkle twinkle little star". 

What do you think, would you put this idea to use in your home? 

Hugs...

No comments:

Post a Comment