Monday, May 11, 2009

Gifts From Afar...

When one lives so far away from family, it is important to have connections. Around the major holidays, it's not so much the conversational kind, but more along the lines of gift-giving. As I enjoyed my Mother's Day, complete with "homemade" breakfast and an assortment of other lovingly handcrafted items made by the eight-year-old Monkey, I realized that one never tires of handmade lovelies. As for my Mom, I too went the route of handmade...

Christen Largent is the proprietor of bddesigns and this customizable, handmade necklace pendant is exactly what I would have made for Mom myself, if only I could. Instead, Christen worked her magic on this two-sided sterling design with the inscribed names of each of Grammy's children and grandchildren...

To see more of bddesign's beautiful collection click here, or through the photos.


Hugs...

No comments:

Post a Comment